San Diego, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri, March 25, ’22Published on:
PALO is seeking a Project Manager with eight years or more of experience and preferably a license to practice architecture in California. Join us to address the housing shortage by working across a portfolio of multifamily housing projects. We believe that those who build things create the future – and that we build best at the intersection of speed and skill. Let’s work together to create a more livable world.
We are an architecture and landscape office based on the principles of generosity and adaptability. Our San Diego office approaches local conditions with an ambitious perspective. We focus on creating high-quality housing on a large scale.
About the role
This role is critical in developing processes and teams within a growing portfolio of design-driven multi-family housing projects. It requires an astute mind skilled in leadership, design thinking and decision making.
- Monitor the project team’s tasks
Project management and delivery
- Manage multiple small to medium sized projects (10-50 units) to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness, paying attention to tasks such as estimating fees, determining work scope, editing project documentation, and preparing bids and contracts
- Ensure the QA/QC standards with the technical director
- Ensuring design quality from project conception to construction completion
- Serve as the primary client contact to complete the schedule, budget and scope of work to the satisfaction of the office and client
We are looking for someone who can prioritize design, constructability and management.
- Expert knowledge of planning and construction processes in apartment buildings
- Diverse knowledge of architectural principles, practices and management methods
- Accuracy works with speed
- Leadership skills with experience leading teams of 5 to 10 architects/designers on a portfolio of residential projects
- Expert knowledge in Revit
- Minimum 8 years experience, California license preferred
We are proud of the founding team we are building. Each of us plays an important role in providing quality housing and a great work environment. We are a community of designers, building scientists and do-gooders. As part of our community, PALO provides you with the environment and resources to grow.
- Competitive transparent salary according to AIA Compensation Survey
- 80 accrued paid time off
- 80 hours of unpaid time off
- 24 hour accumulated sick time
- 10 public holidays per year
- WFH options
- Health insurance QSEHRA reimbursement
- Continuing Education Grant
- Professional Membership Scholarships (AIA, ASLA, BIA, ULI, NAIOP, etc.)
- Donate to charity as 1% for the Planet member
We encourage applicants regardless of religion, race, nationality, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status. If you need assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Please send your CV, a brief portfolio and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line project manager.
View your application history
Back to job list…