The 29th HPC Connection Workshop (HPCC) will take place online on May 30, 2022 at 2 p.m. (CEST) at ISC22 with the topic “AI&HPC for Everything”. World-renowned experts and industry leaders present the latest in the convergence of AI and HPC.
Featured speakers include:
- Jean-Marc Denis, SiPearl’s Chief Strategy Officer, will describe new paradigms and challenges in the Exascale era with a view to key decisions made in Rhea processor architecture and design. Rhea is based on Arm’s Neoverse V1 processor architecture, but also has 29 RISC-V cores that are used as controllers. Rhea is set to be used in a European exascale supercomputer in 2023.
- Tachyum CEO Radoslav Danilak provides an overview of the features and benefits of Tachyum Prodigy, the world’s first general-purpose processor. With 128 64-bit CPU cores operating at up to 5.7 GHz, Prodigy not only handles general-purpose computing, HPC and AI workloads on a single chip, but also with a power budget 10 times lower than traditional hardware at a third of the cost.
- Wolfgang Gentzsch, President of UberCloud, will summarize UberCloud’s 10 years of achievements and present several customer use cases, as well as explain UberCloud’s fully automated, portable, self-service and multi-cloud engineering platform.
- Shu Yin, Assistant Professor at ShanghaiTech University, will explain how HPC applications can be optimized from an I/O perspective and demonstrate best practices and use cases.
- Weizheng Lu, Tech Lead of Public Computing Center at Renmin University of China, will talk about Jax-Quant-Finance and the High Performance Quantitative Library, which brings together HPC, deep learning and financial mathematics to accelerate the time to solve financial problems on heterogeneous platforms.
- Longxiang Li, senior HPC engineer at Inspur Information, will explain how to build data-driven scientific workflows by coupling HPC with machine learning methods and present Inspur’s recent achievements in materials science, CFD and ocean modeling.
The 29thth HPC Connection Workshop Digital
May 30, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. (CEST) Online
|Rhea Processor: General strategic directions and specifications
Jean Marc Denis
Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), SiPearl
|Tachyum Prodigy, the world’s first general purpose processor
|10 Years of HPC in the Cloud: From early cloud experiments to a fully automated multi-cloud simulation platform for complex engineering workflows
President of UberCloud
|Optimize HPC applications from an I/O perspective
Assistant Professor, ShanghaiTech University
|Jax-Quant-Finance: Bring HPC, Deep Learning and Financial Mathematics together
Technical Director of Public Computing Center of Renmin University of China
|Building data-driven scientific workflows with machine learning and HPC applications
Building data-driven scientific workflows with machine learning and HPC applications
Senior HPC Engineer, Inspur Information
Click here to learn more: http://www.asc-events.net/HPCC/ISC22.php
The HPC Connection Workshop is an international high performance computing event organized by the Asia Supercomputer Community. This event takes place three times a year: during the ASC in China, the ISC in Germany and the SC in the USA. The workshops bring together top researchers and leading experts from around the world to discuss the latest developments and disruptive technologies in the fields of AI and supercomputing. Visit the ASC website for highlights and videos of past events: (http://www.asc-events.org/).